Cryptozoic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UDE point redemption suspended?

+12
RareCardHunter
CCGs Cards
ToyGamingEmporium
Aeneades
nicosharp
LankyBrit
Refried-Brains
Didios
ocb777
littlejon24
Warcraftgamingcenter
Daldain
16 posters

Go down

UDE point redemption suspended? Empty UDE point redemption suspended?

Post  Daldain Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:53 am

I have just tried to redeem more UDE point codes and UDE website says:

Point entry has been temporarily suspended. Please check again later.

Guess we'll have to see how temporary this is. Also, redemption of said points redirects to an under construction notice, hopefully temporary as well.

Daldain

http://www.wowtcgloot.com/

Back to top Go down

UDE point redemption suspended? Empty Re: UDE point redemption suspended?

Post  Warcraftgamingcenter Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:45 am

This is pretty scary !!!!

Warcraftgamingcenter

Back to top Go down

Post  littlejon24 Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:48 am

yaaaaaaaaaaa you can probably disregard the temporary part. no license = no UDE points from WoW tcg.
littlejon24
littlejon24

Back to top Go down

Post  ocb777 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:51 pm

How bout we just decide:

No employees left in Entertainment Division + Marvel Superstars game getting "pushed back" to october + no more point redemption = Dead company.

I'm comfortable with that...
ocb777
ocb777

Back to top Go down

Post  Didios Mon May 10, 2010 7:01 pm

I wonder if crypto will somehow help us out. I read in their FAQ they will not use a point system, but perhaps those of us with points can somehow get....something. I dont expect, nor should crypto feel they should help, but it would be nice. I myself am sitting on 9k points I was saving up for the ogre trinket....now only to see the points are useless.

Maybe some sort of one time thing Crypto can do for us with these points? Take over our UDE accounts for verification of said points, and grant us something else besides the feeling of being screwed over.
Didios
Didios

Back to top Go down

Post  littlejon24 Mon May 10, 2010 7:06 pm

i would not worry too much about points. it was a free promotion that really was not overly important.

i had over 100k points that went to waste but i can let it go since i never planned to use them
littlejon24
littlejon24

Back to top Go down

Post  Refried-Brains Tue May 11, 2010 1:18 pm

i would not worry too much about points. it was a free promotion that really was not overly important.

the "worth" of points is your opinion and is not shared by ALL, as evidenced by the post you replied too.

the "free promotion" is totaly inaccruate, although UD may use it as a conveniant excuse to deny thier obligations at this point.. it was never considered a free promotion. In fact it has always been one of the 2 biggest selling points in ALL series product advertising, right behind loot cards, which are also considered a waste by a lot of TCG players. Upper deck product sheets ALL used the points as a main selling point, All distributers then pushed the points when selling to stores or other outlets, Most of the worldwide sellers that I know calculated the points into the case-break value in determing the price they could pay for cases..(trust me on this, wrathgate does not have the points, but the same case cost...this is not being overlooked by case/box/single card dealers)

A perfect product example..darkmoon faire boxed sets..Boasted a 500 point ude card...huge selling point in the upper deck solicitations

the whole concept of WOW tcg was a cross-over product. designed in whole by Blizzard and UD to bring online players to the card tables, and card players to the online game...the whole purpose of points and loot cards was to get online players interested in the cards.. the whole concept of making the card game as close to the online game as possible..was to bring card gamers to online gaming

you of course do have the right to your opinion, and the right to discard any portion off your plate that you do not value...but, just because you do not really care about green beans...in no way means Nobody values green beans...lol

Refried-Brains

Back to top Go down

Post  Refried-Brains Tue May 11, 2010 1:33 pm

Hey Little jon... this 100K points, that you have,that you have no real interest in... are they entered into an account on ude?...if so.. I will take them off your hands...what do you want for the account?..if you're interested in getting something for it, instead of nothing.. contact me, will be happy to discuss options on the phone or email with you..(p.s. , I am a new poster to this forum, I am not new to WOW, I am very legit and can provide referances to attest...)

Refried-Brains

Back to top Go down

Post  LankyBrit Fri May 14, 2010 10:58 am

Hey, on the bright side, I will enjoy not having to enter all the Points from my Wrathgate cards.

Cheers. drunken
LankyBrit
LankyBrit

Back to top Go down

Post  nicosharp Fri May 14, 2010 11:03 am

Ditto, I could whine about the value lost, but not peering over to a stack on my night stand of codes I had to punch in is a huge stress relief.

nicosharp

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeneades Tue May 25, 2010 5:16 am

I had finally managed to get over 250 UDE point cards for the Ogre Trinket when the point store was removed, very disapointing Sad UDE provided very poor customer service all along and not suprised to see the UDE point store removed with no warning, just disapointing that it couldn't have stayed up a couple of extra weeks to give me time to add in all those codes.

That said it is not Cryptozoics fault and I know they have no way of honoring the old point system, I am certain that they will provide a much better service in the long run compared to UDE Smile

Soooo, anyone want to buy 300 unused UDE Point Cards? Wink

Aeneades

Back to top Go down

Post  ToyGamingEmporium Wed May 26, 2010 1:50 am

On April 30th I sent Upper Deck the following email...

"It says "Point entry has been temporarily suspended. Please check again later." When will we be able to enter/redeem points again? I'm hopeful that temporary is indeed the case and that it doesn't actually mean permanent. I collected a lot of point codes over the years including many I haven't gotten to redeem yet. I will be highly upset if these ultimately go to waste and surely would not support any Upper Deck product in the future if that's the case.

Regards,
Jeff"

25 days later I finally got the following response....

"The UD points program has been suspended. We realize that many of the prizes provided through the program were virtual items used in the on-line World of War craft game. We are actively working with Blizzard on a possible solution. Please keep checking the website where we will post all updates.

Thank You,

The Upper Deck Company"

Not holding my breath, but perhaps there is a chance we'll be able to redeem the old point codes again...MAYBE.... I sure hope so as well have multiple long white card boxes full of unused codes including at least a couple hundred 500pt Darkmoon Faire codes. Easily at least 250,000 unredeemed points, probably a good amount more. Finally was going to take a few hours to input all the codes we could which turned out to literally be HOURS after they suspended the redemption of point codes. Great timing we had there :-\
ToyGamingEmporium
ToyGamingEmporium

http://ToyGamingEmporium.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CCGs Cards Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:31 pm

Went there randomly today and saw this:

UDE.com/points wrote:Thank you for visiting the UDE points page.

Thank you for your support of Upper Deck Entertainment products. The UDE Points Program is closed, as Upper Deck no longer produces the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game (TCG). We are working with the WoW licensor, Blizzard Entertainment, to obtain in-game prizes that you will be able to redeem with the points that you have already accumulated.

There will be an update posted in the coming weeks regarding future prizes. Please note that the prizes that Upper Deck will be able to award will be determined by Blizzard Entertainment. Please keep checking this site for further updates.
CCGs Cards
CCGs Cards

http://www.ccgscards.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RareCardHunter Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:20 pm

Don't worry. They might offer the Ogre Trinket again for a limited time when UDE makes the final (though in-game) prizes available.

RareCardHunter

Back to top Go down

Post  ToyGamingEmporium Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:47 pm

If/when anyone sees that we can enter codes again, please alert us all. I'll enter codes for many hours straight if/when that happens...I suppose I should gather them all and get them into 1 place so I'm ready when that happens...assuming it does...but not holding my breath.
ToyGamingEmporium
ToyGamingEmporium

Back to top Go down

Post  willysee Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:25 pm

As of about 10 minutes ago on 6/19/10, here's what the UDE point page states...

Thank you for visiting the UDE points page.

Thank you for your support of Upper Deck Entertainment products. The UDE Points Program is closed, as Upper Deck no longer produces the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game (TCG). We are working with the WoW licensor, Blizzard Entertainment, to obtain in-game prizes that you will be able to redeem with the points that you have already accumulated.

There will be an update posted in the coming weeks regarding future prizes. Please note that the prizes that Upper Deck will be able to award will be determined by Blizzard Entertainment. Please keep checking this site for further updates.

I collected the cards, I don't play the game, I bought them mainly for the in-game items from the loot cards (and the artwork). I have a box of hundreds of these things that are now basically worthless.

I won't buy another card product from Blizzard and whoever they partner with if they drop the ball on this and allow the people who spent hundreds of dollars on their product get shafted like this. Not too happy.

willysee

Back to top Go down

Post  Damio Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:47 pm

willysee wrote:As of about 10 minutes ago on 6/19/10, here's what the UDE point page states...

Thank you for visiting the UDE points page.

I collected the cards, I don't play the game, I bought them mainly for the in-game items from the loot cards (and the artwork). I have a box of hundreds of these things that are now basically worthless.

I won't buy another card product from Blizzard and whoever they partner with if they drop the ball on this and allow the people who spent hundreds of dollars on their product get shafted like this. Not too happy.

its said that for over a week now
Damio
Damio

Location : somewhere in the UK if you know where, please tell me because i don't

Back to top Go down

Post  ToyGamingEmporium Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:59 pm

Hopefully that means there will be a new update within a week or two. I'm anxious to hopefully have the opportunity to enter a few hundred thousand points worth of codes!!!
ToyGamingEmporium
ToyGamingEmporium

Back to top Go down

Post  Damio Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:38 pm

ToyGamingEmporium wrote:Hopefully that means there will be a new update within a week or two. I'm anxious to hopefully have the opportunity to enter a few hundred thousand points worth of codes!!!

well they didn't say soon®️™️ so there's actually a chance
Damio
Damio

Location : somewhere in the UK if you know where, please tell me because i don't

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueRider Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:52 pm

willysee wrote:I won't buy another card product from Blizzard and whoever they partner with if they drop the ball on this and allow the people who spent hundreds of dollars on their product get shafted like this. Not too happy.
Why do people persist in believing that this is Blizzard's/Cryptozoic's fault and that they can actually make Upper Deck do something about it?
BlueRider
BlueRider

Location : San Diego, California, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Back to top Go down

Post  Damio Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:53 pm

BlueRider wrote:
willysee wrote:I won't buy another card product from Blizzard and whoever they partner with if they drop the ball on this and allow the people who spent hundreds of dollars on their product get shafted like this. Not too happy.
Why do people persist in believing that this is Blizzard's/Cryptozoic's fault and that they can actually make Upper Deck do something about it?

i was wondering myself why this was put in Cryptozoic's help and customer service forum
Damio
Damio

Back to top Go down

Post  willysee Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Damio wrote:
BlueRider wrote:

i was wondering myself why this was put in Cryptozoic's help and customer service forum

Because someone asked about it here on the forum and because Cryptozoic has taken over the partnership that UDE previously had and it's a logical question whether they will take over such activities.

willysee

Back to top Go down

Post  Roshen Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:30 am

willysee wrote:Because someone asked about it here on the forum and because Cryptozoic has taken over the partnership that UDE previously had and it's a logical question whether they will take over such activities.

As stated in our FAQ:

Q: What will happen with UDE points from booster packs?
A: Current UDE points will not transition to Cryptozoic.

Q: Will Cryptozoic Entertainment continue the points system?
A: We don't plan on continuing the current system. We're considering some other options, but will not release anything unless we're confident it works.
Roshen
Roshen
CZE Employee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down