Cryptozoic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newby to WoWTCG

+5
_X_
Plem45
LankyBrit
ghoulfest
midgetriffer
9 posters

Go down

Newby to WoWTCG Empty Newby to WoWTCG

Post  midgetriffer Sat May 29, 2010 5:23 pm

my sister bought me thiese trading cards from WoW but ive never played any trading card game where can i find some instructions or learn how to play period, I have no clue who what when anything about playing these but I am interested. TY

midgetriffer

Back to top Go down

Newby to WoWTCG Empty Re: Newby to WoWTCG

Post  ghoulfest Sat May 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Any starter deck will have an instruction booklet. I would suggest getting the Heros of Azeroth starter and learn the simple basics then move onto the Death Knight starter with almost all the updated info.
ghoulfest
ghoulfest

Back to top Go down

Post  LankyBrit Sun May 30, 2010 7:25 am

I would suggest getting the Drums of War starter. Up to date cards and instruction booklet etc.

And once you've done that, if you can't figure things out, come back here and we'll answer any questions you have.

Welcome to a great game.

Cheers. drunken
LankyBrit
LankyBrit

Back to top Go down

Post  Plem45 Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:06 pm

midgetriffer wrote:my sister bought me thiese trading cards from WoW but ive never played any trading card game where can i find some instructions or learn how to play period, I have no clue who what when anything about playing these but I am interested. TY

Here is an answer to your question that might actually help you Shocked

If you go to www.wowtcgvault.come you can get the rules in PDF form without having to go buy a starter deck. depending on how many cards you have, you may be able to put together a deck to try out. Smile Have fun!
Plem45
Plem45

Back to top Go down

Post  _X_ Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:44 pm

http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/wow/en/howtoplay/default.aspx

The above is a link to the old company's online demo and their rulebook.
_X_
_X_

Back to top Go down

Post  Boten Anna Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:57 am

I got a couple of booster packs at Target and found out some friends play and am interested in getting a starter kit and such but I'm confused what would be the best way to get started with the new stuff. Is there a good starter kit now or would it be better to wait for the class starters that seem to be coming out soon? If I grab booster packs, what are the current ones worth getting?

Boten Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  Boten Anna Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:36 am

Oh hey I just noticed that Cryptozoic is based in San Diego... any plans for comiccon or are you guys too new of a company to even think about registering? Smile

Boten Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  Damio Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:23 am

Boten Anna wrote:I got a couple of booster packs at Target and found out some friends play and am interested in getting a starter kit and such but I'm confused what would be the best way to get started with the new stuff. Is there a good starter kit now or would it be better to wait for the class starters that seem to be coming out soon? If I grab booster packs, what are the current ones worth getting?

the most recent is the "death knight deluxe starter", i always recommend the drums of war starter though as you get two decks in that one, or you could wait for class starters, don't think we got a release date from crypto yet tho? the UDE one is invalid obviously, and also for the best prices buy online, or buy from your local gaming store for the best support Smile hope this helps
Damio
Damio

Location : somewhere in the UK if you know where, please tell me because i don't

Back to top Go down

Post  Boten Anna Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:50 pm

Damio wrote:
the most recent is the "death knight deluxe starter", i always recommend the drums of war starter though as you get two decks in that one, or you could wait for class starters, don't think we got a release date from crypto yet tho? the UDE one is invalid obviously, and also for the best prices buy online, or buy from your local gaming store for the best support Smile hope this helps

Thanks for the tips! I'll look for either (or both) of those when I go to the card shop today Smile If I feel compelled to buy bulk booster packs (or if they're rude, ha) I'll probably order online but I also need supplies like a card binder and some boxes and stuff--I haven't collected cards in years, and mainly before TCGs existed hehe. I had a bunch of Marvel and Looney Toons cards as a kid, I have no idea where the cards are now though Sad

Boten Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  Damio Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:12 pm

Boten Anna wrote:
Damio wrote:

Thanks for the tips! I'll look for either (or both) of those when I go to the card shop today Smile If I feel compelled to buy bulk booster packs (or if they're rude, ha) I'll probably order online but I also need supplies like a card binder and some boxes and stuff--I haven't collected cards in years, and mainly before TCGs existed hehe. I had a bunch of Marvel and Looney Toons cards as a kid, I have no idea where the cards are now though Sad

you can also pick supplies up online from the same places as cards most of the time Smile
Damio
Damio

Location : somewhere in the UK if you know where, please tell me because i don't

Back to top Go down

Post  Damio Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:12 pm

but supporting ur local is always a good thing too otherwise you wont have anywhere to play
Damio
Damio

Back to top Go down

Post  Boten Anna Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:08 pm

All anyone in the area had was the scourgewar set/boosters so I got a "deluxe set" and a couple of extra packs. I guess I'll have to order some more cards online, but I got some 9-per-page card sleeves and some other supplies and had some fun sorting out the cards. It's been so long, I miss that Very Happy

Boten Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  Boten Anna Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:22 pm

I found an online store (inMint.com) that has both of those starter sets in stock. I'd like to order some booster packs too but I'm undecided if I should try to get some of the older cards or go for newer ones!

Boten Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  Boten Anna Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:40 pm

Oh! One more question, I remember when I did comic cards if you bought a sealed box and opened them up you pretty much always got an entire set of that card series. I knew it was planned that way because more than once the last pack of, say, 8 cards would have the exact last 8 cards I needed to finish that series. Excepting of course rare loot cards, etc. if I bought an entire sealed box would I have the complete set of that series? Or would I still be missing a few cards?

Really can't decide if I should get a few packs from each series or go for a whole Wrathgate box or what ^^;

Boten Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazamaru Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:59 pm

There are a couple ways to do this: You can buy a full playset(4x) of every common/uncommon for not too much. However then you will miss out on rares and stuff. Not a bad choice, if you get 2 booster boxes you got a full playset of everything and a bunch of rares which enhance the game a lot.(No, I am not talking about Scourgewar stupid Bombs) Wrathgate is balanced, no one card is a be-all(Even Gift of the Earthmother can be beaten by something like ruination Annihilate or the 4 cost druid that makes them unable to ready)

So anyways, I would suggest a booster box or two.

Cheers!
Kazamaru
Kazamaru

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1302276701&ref=pr

Back to top Go down

Post  Boten Anna Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:04 pm

So basically it sounds like for the most fun I should just get a wrathgate box (or two) and then maybe nab occasional packs of the older stuff for fun at Target or whatever? Smile Also going to get a couple of different starter decks so I can try to actually play the game, haha.

Is it common/accepted to mix different series of cards, or even within the rules?

Boten Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  Bernado Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:13 am

The rules let you pick cards from any set that has been released.
If you don't play official tournaments with Core format, you can use all the cards you want in a deck if they're "legal" for that deck.
A legal card is a card that can be put in a deck in relation to the class/profession/race of your hero and a few other traits like reputations or whether your hero is loyal or a traitor.
It's a good thing to buy boosters from the last sets because those will be the ones you find on any shop.
If later you decide to play on tournaments and need some single cards you can find them on some online shop or for trade/exchange with other players.

Bernado

Back to top Go down

Post  Boten Anna Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:26 am

I ordered a box of wrathgate boosters and both the death knight and drums of war starters last night; looks like Drums would be fun to learn with as it has two sets that I assume compliment each other while death knight is newer.

I need some three ring binders lol

Boten Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  Bernado Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:48 am

The rules are always the same.
There have been a few small changes and new keywords but, the game is the same all the time.
You have less cards for Death Knights because it's a recent class on the TCG.
But I think they're getting good cards very fast.

I need a lot of three ring binders.
It would be a good idea if Cryptozoic did a few of them. (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) Wink
I'm tired of seeing the Onyxia's Lair and Landro binders...

Bernado

Back to top Go down

Post  Damio Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:13 am

Boten Anna wrote:Oh! One more question, I remember when I did comic cards if you bought a sealed box and opened them up you pretty much always got an entire set of that card series. I knew it was planned that way because more than once the last pack of, say, 8 cards would have the exact last 8 cards I needed to finish that series. Excepting of course rare loot cards, etc. if I bought an entire sealed box would I have the complete set of that series? Or would I still be missing a few cards?

Really can't decide if I should get a few packs from each series or go for a whole Wrathgate box or what ^^;

you should get a minimum of 2 loot crads however there is a good chance they will be the common ones, this site might help you:

http://www.wowtcgloot.com/

and as for packs, it really depends on what you want pirat
Damio
Damio

Back to top Go down

Post  Boten Anna Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:53 am

Hehe yeah from the scourgewar deluxe box and the two extra boosters I box I got a Tiny mount in the box and another one in one of the packs Smile Pretty awesome mount and all... but only 50 charges?! D: Ah well.

I ended up getting a whole wrathgate box so I'll see what I get~ Very Happy

Boten Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down